5 Days Nyungwe N.P Experience
In the southwest Nyungwe National Park is a vast tract of virgin forest, one of the largest uncut natural forest reserves remaining in Africa and Home to habituated chimpanzees and 12 other primates species (including a 400-strong troop of habituated Ruwenzori Black & White Colobus), it’s also a birder’s paradise with over 300 species, including 16 endemics, and is home to 75 different species of mammals. Book Now
Day 1: Arrival
On arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda, you will be received by one of our tour guides who will transfer you to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, you will do a city tour to introduce you to the history and culture of this country of a thousand hills and visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre.
Day 2: Visiting Nyungwe National Park
Early morning enjoy your breakfast and leave the hotel to western province, on your way visit the Royal Palace Museum and Ethnographic Museum in Southern Province. After lunch you head to Nyungwe National Park. [Approximate driving time: 5 hours]
Day 3: Chimpanzee trek
Your visit is to see the primates, with 13 species of Chimpanzee resident in Forest, you go to the park office before heading to trek chimpanzee. After Lunch we go to walk on the canopy walk way at Uwinka. Overnight and dinner in Gisakura Guest House.
Day 4: Colubus Monkey tracking and tea plantation visit
After breakfast, we go for colobus monkey tracking and visit the tea plantation and later head to Kibuye along the Kivu Lake; you will have a fantastic view of the country of a thousand hills. Overnight and dinner in Bethany Hotel
Day 5: Kibuye- Kigali
After Breakfast, go for a boat ride and visit different islands in the Kivu lake. After we visit the environmental museum in Kibuye before heading to Kigali for your departure flight.
- Airport transfers and meet & greet service by our local representatives at Kigali International airport
- All Accommodation in standard rooms.
- Meals as described by B (Buffet Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari
- Transportation by a 4*4 safari Car
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- International flight
- Items of a personal nature i.e., laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.